Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sad Day For Modern Gaming - The Passing of Satoru Iwata

It has been a gloomy week for gaming as the one of the most beloved programmers and Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata died on July 11, 2015. He is fourth CEO of the game giant Nintendo which made games and gaming consoles like the NES, SNES, Gameboy and the Wii. 

Iwata worked on some of the nintendo games like The Legend of Zelda, Mario, and the Animal Crossing series. He was also the first CEO of Nintendo who is not related to original owners, the Yamauchis.

He died because of a Bile duct tumor (Cholangiocarcinoma) at the age of 55. Following his death, Nintendo announced that Genyo Takeda and Shigeru Miyamoto would take over on an interim basis until a replacement is found.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata in his keynote speech at GDC 2005





No comments:

Post a Comment